• 625 ml (350 g) cake flour
• 7 ml bicarbonate of soda
• 2 ml salt
• 250 ml (230 g) Clover Farmstyle butter, softened
• 1 cup (250 ml) caramel sugar
• 2 eggs
• 375 ml smooth peanut butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt together. Cream the butter and sugar until very light in colour.
3. Add the eggs and peanut butter and mix through. Lightly fold in the flour, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Drop spoonfuls of batter onto greased baking trays, leaving 25 mm space between each cookie. Press cookies down with a fork to form a pattern on top.
5. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown in colour.
6. Allow to cool for a few minutes on baking trays before transferring to the wire racks. Allow to cool completely.
To ensure that cookies last longer, store them in an airtight container.