• 1 cup (250 ml) Clover cream, whipped
• 100 g chocolate spread
• 100 g bought caramel sauce
• 1 cup (250 ml) hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 150 °C. Line a 33 x 23 cm baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine the cornflour, vanilla essence and vinegar in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the cocoa powder and water. Place the egg whites into a large, spotlessly clean and dry mixing bowl and, using an electric mixer, whisk until soft peak stage. Gradually add the sugar, together with a small amount of the cornflour mixture. Continue adding all of the sugar and cornflour until it’s incorporated and the meringue forms stiff peaks. Carefully fold in the cocoa mixture. Spoon the meringue into the prepared baking tray and spread out evenly. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until crisp on the outside but still soft inside.
3. Remove the meringue from the oven and cover loosely with foil for 15 minutes. Invert onto a large sheet of grease proof paper and carefully peel off the baking paper. Leave to cool for 15 to 30 minutes.
4. Spread the cream in a single layer over the meringue, leaving a 2,5 cm space at the ends. Spoon the chocolate spread and caramel sauce over the cream. Scatter the hazelnuts evenly over the meringue. Carefully roll up the roulade and serve in slices.