• ½ cup (125 ml) apricot jam
• 4 large Granny Smith apples, grated unpeeled
• 2 teaspoons (10 ml) finely grated orange zest
• 80 ml sultanas
• 1 cup (250 ml) Clover Krush apple juice
• ½ cup (125 ml) water
• ¹∕³ cup (75 ml) Clover Farmstyle butter
• 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground cinnamon
• 200 ml sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C and grease an ovenproof dish of approximately 25 cm x 30 cm.
2. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat the eggs into the mixture one by one, mixing well after each addition. Sift all the remaining dry ingredients together ; then combine with the butter mixture. Mix thoroughly until the dough forms. Roll the dough into a rectangle on a flour-strewn surface.
3. Spread the jam evenly over the dough; then spoon the grated apple over it. Sprinkle the orange zest and sultanas over the apple. Roll up the dough like a Swiss roll; then cut into slices. Pack the slices tightly in the prepared ovenproof dish.
4. Mix all the syrup ingredients in a heavy-bottomed saucepan; then bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Pour the hot syrup over the roly-poly slices; then bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
5. Serve with Clover Classic custard or stiffly beaten Clover cream.