Manhattan NYC Style Spy Competition
terms and conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. These competition rules (“rules”) explain your rights and duties in connection with this competition. If you take part in this competition or accept any prize, these rules will apply to you and you agree that the promoter(s) can assume that you have read and have agreed to be legally bound these competition rules.
- Clover Waters (Pty) Ltd
- In these rules we refer to Clover Waters (Pty) Ltd as “the promoter(s)”, or “us” or “we”. We will refer to participants and winners as “you”.
How this competition works?
Qualifying participants are eligible to enter this competition and will automatically be entered into the relevant draw for the Grand Prize by simply participating as follows:
Celebrity Style Spy Week 1: 16-22 September 2016
How it works
- Participants need to spot the celeb on the pic posted by the promotor on the Manhattan Facebook page.
- Next, participants must comment with the celeb’s name in the comments section.
- By identifying the correct name (first name and/or first name and surname), participants will be entered into the lucky draw to win one of 5 online shopping vouchers.
- Participants may only enter once by commenting on the post.
High Street Shopping Style Spy Week 2: 23-28 September 2016
How it works
- Participants need to guess the street name (location) of a popular shopping location in New York.
- The question will be posted by the promotor on the Manhattan Facebook page.
- Next, participants must comment with the correct street name of the item in the post.
- By identifying the correct street name participants will be entered into the draw to win one of 5 online shopping vouchers.
- Participants are only allowed to enter once on each post.
Your access to the website, internet speed and browsing experience can be influenced by various factors, including but not limited to, outdated browsers, Your Internet connectivity, your internet service provider’s capacity or down time, Your computer processing power, Your Company or personal network browsing limitations, Company or personal firewall settings, Traffic peaks on the site, and/or incorrect login details. Although the Organiser makes every effort to ensure that all participants enjoy ease of access to the website and a pleasant browsing experience, the Organiser has no influence over the aforesaid factors and does in no way guarantee the participants successful access to the website, sufficient internet speed or any other warranty of whatsoever nature in this regard.
IMPORTANT DATES AND TIMES:
Entries open and closes on:
The competition starts as follows:
- Celebrity Style Spy Week 1: 16-22 September 2016
- High Street Shopping Style Spy Week 2: 23-28 September 2016
No late entries will be accepted.
The draw for the weekly prizes and Grand Prize will take place on the 29 November 2016.
The promoter(s) reserve the right to extend the competition or change the draw dates. Notice of this will be posted in these rules.
The prizes for this competition are as follows:
- Weekly prizes: 10 Online shopping vouchers worth R1000 each
- Grand Prize: A trip for 2 to New York City worth R120 000
Who qualifies to take part?
The competition is open to all South African residents in possession of a valid identity document.
The following persons may only take part under these circumstances:
Any participant who are under the age of 18 (eighteen) (referred to as minors) are only allowed to take part in the competition and receive a prize if their parent or legal guardian gives them the required legal consent and assistance to do so. This includes assistance to take ownership of and use the Grand prize and agree to these competition terms & conditions.
Who cannot take part?
No director, employee, agent or consultant of the Clover Group of Companies or any of the rewards companies or their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members, or the supplier of goods and services in connection with this competition may participate.
Is there a limit on the number of times you can enter?
Participants are only allowed to enter once.
All the correct weekly entries will go into the draw for the Grand prize.
How will winner(s) be chosen?
All winners will be selected randomly by an electronically generated draw.
How will the winners be notified?
The winners will be notified by telephone within 2 (two) working days after the draw date. If a representative of the promotor cannot get hold of you at the mobile or landline it has on record for you after attempting to do so at least 5 (five) times within a 72-hour period you will forfeit the Grand prize and another winner will be drawn.
Deadline for claiming prize(s):
If a prize winner does not claim their prizes within 30 (thirty) days after they have been notified the prize winner will forfeit (give up) any right to such prize.
a. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
b. The Promoters’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
c. The Promoter and any of the rewards companies reserve the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through multiple profiles or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
d. In the event that the promotional offer is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the offer, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the offer of equal value.
e. The Promoter shall have the right to terminate the competition immediately and without notice for any reason beyond its control requiring this. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this promotion and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its agents and staff
f. The participation in the competition constitutes acceptance of the competition rules and entrants agree to abide by the rules.
g. The Promotor reserves the right to amend this Competition rules as it deems fit. Any amendments to the rules will be published on the relevant website.
The promotor will not solicit personal information from participants via SMS or email at any given time for the duration of this Competition. Participants are responsible to take the necessary precaution when receiving unsolicited SMS’s or emails. The promotor will not be responsible for any liability due to the divulging of personal information in response to unsolicited SMS’s or emails
Questions about these rules:
For any queries regarding the rules please call Clover Call Centre on 0860 11 75 33 or visit www.shoplikeanewyorker.co.za
- You agree to indemnify the promoter(s) fully for any loss or damage the promoter(s) may suffer because you breached the competition rules.
- Under this entire clause “indemnify” means you agree to reimburse the promoter(s) for the following: any loss or damage they suffer, any expenses and costs they paid or are responsible for. Legal costs means costs on an attorney and own client scale.
- You also agree to indemnify the promoter(s) for any loss or damage you suffered because you took part in this competition or used the prize. If you enter the competition, or use or accept the prize, you understand that you do so of your own free will. This means that you cannot hold the promoter(s) legally responsible for any loss or damage or legal expenses you suffered because you took part in this competition or used the prize.
- You furthermore agree to indemnify the promoter(s) fully for any loss, damage, claim, or injury that may occur because of the use of the prize or your inablity to use the prize for any reason. This includes, but is not limited to, injury, loss, death or financial damages caused to any person other than yourself.
- You therefore agree that you cannot hold the promoter(s) legally responsible for any loss or damage or legal expenses or medical expenses you suffered caused because you used the prize.
- You will protect the promoter(s) from being held legally responsible for the loss or damage or legal expenses of another person (legal or natural) if such loss or damage or expense was incurred because:
- you breached the competition rules;
- you took part in this competition; and/or
- you or any person used a prize.