Are you a Classic South African USSD Competition
terms and conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. These competition rules (“rules”) explain your rights and duties in connection with this competition. If you take part in this competition or accept any prize, these rules will apply to you and you agree that the promoter(s) can assume that you have read and have agreed to be legally bound these competition rules.
Competition Name: Clover Classic promotion
- Clover S.A. (Pty) Ltd
- In these rules we refer to Clover S.A. (Pty) Ltd as “the promoter(s)”, or “us” or “we”. We will refer to participants and winners as “you”.
How this competition works?
Qualifying participants are eligible to enter this competition and will automatically be entered into the relevant draw(s) by simply:
- Buy any Clover Classic product and then simply dial *120*7837# and follow the prompts to enter.
- Standard SMS rates apply. Free minutes and SMS bundles do not apply
- Entrants must keep their till slip as proof of purchase
- Only one prize per household and per person
- No computer-based entries will be accepted
- The mobile phone number is key to all entries, if the entrant has won on a particular mobile phone number they cannot use another number in order to be contacted further, this number needs to be a number that is contactable during office hours.
IMPORTANT DATES AND TIMES:
Entries open and closes on:
The competition starts on 1 October 2016 and ends at 12am midnight on 28 February 2017. No late entries will be accepted.
The winners will be drawn within 2 (two) business weeks after the end of the competition.
The promoter(s) reserve the right to extend the competition or change the draw dates. Notice of this will be posted in these rules.
Each Entrant stand a chance to win one of:
- 24 500 instant airtime prizes to be won:
- R5 x 16 000 winners
- R10 x 6 000 winners
- R20 x 2 000 winners
- R40 x 500 winners
- Winners of the Airtime Prizes will receive an instant notification of the value of the airtime they have won on entering their mobile phone number. Airtime Prizes may only be redeemed by PRE-PAID account holders only. Winners with contract accounts can transfer the Airtime Prize to any other Pre-Paid number of their choice.
- Airtime is available for the following Networks – Vodacom / MTN / Cell C / Virgin Mobile and 8ta.
- An SMS with the airtime voucher will be sent to the mobile phone number used to enter the competition
- Airtime vouchers are valid for 90 days
- 1120 cash prizes to be won:
- R100 x 800 winners
- R250 x 260 winners
- R500 x 60 winners
- The following process will be followed to redeem cash prizes: the winners will be notified instantaneously via 2 x SMS’s – one from TMARC confirming the fact they have won; one from ABSA within 48 hours. The TMARC SMS will confirm the amount and an Authorisation PIN of 6 digits. The ABSA SMS will confirm the 10-digit Withdrawal Access number as well as the amount.
- Winners go to any ABSA ATM, push CASHSEND Option and follow the prompts. Both the Authorisation PIN and the Withdrawal Access number are required to complete the transaction. Winners who win more than R3000.00 will have the money deposited directly into the account of their choosing.
- Once TMARC and ABSA have confirmed the dispatch of codes to the winning number and confirmed the redemption of the cash from the ABSA ATM, the consumer will have no further claim against the Promoter or the Agency regarding the Prize. If the consumer did not personally withdraw the money, the consumer must open a case to investigate further.
- Cash Send vouchers are valid for 90 days
Who qualifies to take part?
The competition is open to all South African residents in possession of a valid identity document.
The following persons may only take part under these circumstances:
Any participant who are under the age of 18 (eighteen) (referred to as minors) are only allowed to take part in the competition and receive a prize if their parent or legal guardian gives them the required legal consent and assistance to do so.
Who cannot take part?
No director, employee, agent or consultant of the Clover Group of Companies or any of the rewards companies or their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members, or the supplier of goods and services in connection with this competition may participate.
Is there a limit on the number of times you can enter?
There is no limit on the amount of entries per participant provided that the entrant has purchased the product.
How will winner(s) be chosen?
All winners will be selected randomly by an electronically generated draw.
How will the winners be notified?
Via SMS. The 5x South African Experience winners will be contacted telephonically
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The Promoters’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter and any of the rewards companies reserve the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
- The Promoter and any of the rewards companies reserve the right to request a copy of the till slip proving that the consumer has purchased the Classic’s product if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
- In the event that the promotional offer is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the offer, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the offer of equal value.
- Competition participants will not be required to take part in media, marketing and promotional appearances related to this competition. Participants however, agree that they will not be entitled to any payment for participating in this Competition, or for participating in any media format or appearances associated with this Competition if they agree to take part in such media, marketing and promotional appearances
Questions about these rules:
For any queries regarding the rules please call Clover Call Centre on 0860 11 75 33 or visit www.clover.co.za
- You agree to indemnify the promoter(s) fully for any loss or damage the promoter(s) may suffer because you breached the competition rules.
- Under this entire clause “indemnify” means you agree to reimburse the promoter(s) for the following: any loss or damage they suffer, any expenses and costs they paid or are responsible for. Legal costs means costs on an attorney and own client scale.
- You also agree to indemnify the promoter(s) for any loss or damage you suffered because you took part in this competition or used the prize. If you enter the competition, or use or accept the prize, you understand that you do so of your own free will. This means that you cannot hold the promoter(s) legally responsible for any loss or damage or legal expenses you suffered because you took part in this competition or used the prize.
- You furthermore agree to indemnify the promoter(s) fully for any loss, damage, claim, or injury that may occur because of the use of the prize or your inablity to use the prize for any reason. This includes, but is not limited to, injury, loss, death or financial damages caused to any person other than yourself.
- You therefore agree that you cannot hold the promoter(s) legally responsible for any loss or damage or legal expenses or medical expenses you suffered caused because you used the prize.
- You will protect the promoter(s) from being held legally responsible for the loss or damage or legal expenses of another person (legal or natural) if such loss or damage or expense was incurred because:
- you breached the competition rules;
- you took part in this competition; and/or
- you or any person used a prize.